Landscape Materials Retail Staff
Hours of work & contract:
Full and part time contracts up to 40 hours per week over seven days, to include weekends and late nights and Bank Holiday working.
To provide a professional, friendly and efficient service to the Centre’s customers. Providing advice and assistance, maintaining product and undertaking light cleaning duties whilst ensuring compliance to company policies, ‘best practice’, and current legislation.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Good oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
• Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
• A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style. Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from line manager.
• Proven drive and enthusiasm for retail sales with a desire to update product knowledge and skill set where required.
• Good security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment.
• Good attention to detail and ability to recognise the benefits of effective merchandising.
• Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Confidentiality and discretion and an awareness of the Data Protection Act
• Attainment of a GCSE English and Mathematics qualification to a minimum level grade C (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of working in a retail environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
Main Duties & responsibilities:
• To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible
• To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognizing the importance and benefits of effective team working
• Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’. Ensure compliance to relevant policies.
• Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
• Provide assistance to customers should an incident occur, seeking guidance in line with company policies.
• Take responsibility for own product area, ensure this and product is maintained safely, securely and in line with company ‘best practice’.
• Merchandise product efficiently and effectively in order to maximise sales
Other Duties & responsibilities:
Any other duties deemed necessary as and when required
For an application, please contact:
Steve Bell (email@example.com)