Aquatics Retail Staff (Temporary)
Hours of work & contract:
Temporary full and part time contracts up to 40 hours per week over seven days, to include weekends and late nights and Bank Holiday working.
To provide a professional, friendly and efficient service to the Centre’s customers. Providing advice and assistance, maintaining product and undertaking light cleaning duties whilst ensuring compliance to company policies, ‘best practice’, and current legislation.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Good oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
• Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment.
• A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style. Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from line manager.
• Proven drive and enthusiasm for retail sales with a desire to update product knowledge and skill set where required.
• Good security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment.
• Good attention to detail and ability to recognise the benefits of effective merchandising.
• Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Relevant Aquatic/Animal Care Qualifications.
• Previous experience of working in a retail environment.
• Previous experience of working with livestock.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
• Confidentiality and discretion and an awareness of the Data Protection Act.
• Attainment of a GCSE English and Mathematics qualification to a minimum level grade C or equivalent.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
• Provide daily care for all livestock ensuring all tank maintenance has been completed in compliance with Animal Licensing Regulations.
• Ensure all customers are provided with the relevant knowledge when selling livestock and that customers have met all relevant requirements before the sale is completed/
• To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible/
• To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working/
• Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’. Ensure compliance to relevant policies.
• Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
• Provide assistance to customers should an incident occur, seeking guidance in line with company policies.
• Take responsibility for own product area, ensure this and product is maintained safely, securely and in line with company ‘best practice’. Merchandise product efficiently and effectively in order to maximise sales.
Other Duties & responsibilities:
Any other duties deemed necessary as and when required
For an application, please contact:
Mark Concliffe (email@example.com) Please state which job you are applying for.