Landscape Materials Supervisor
Hours of work & contract:
Full time contracts up to 40 hours per week over seven days, to include weekends and late nights and Bank Holiday working.
To ensure effective day-to-day running of the department to maximise profit and minimise costs. Providing a professional, friendly and efficient service to the centre’s customers. Providing advice, assistance and direction to staff to ensure company standards are met (ie. compliance to company policies, ‘best practice’, and current legislation.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Good oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
• Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes-pressurised environment.
• A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style. Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from line manager.
• Proven drive and enthusiasm for retail sales with a desire to update product knowledge and skill set where required.
• Good security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment.
• Good attention to detail and ability to recognise the benefits of effective merchandising.
• Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
•Forklift/Tele truck certificate
•Previous retail experience
Main Duties & responsibilities:
• Managing and motivating the team to increase sales and efficiency;
• Ensure senior managers are aware of staffing shortfalls, issues and strong performance
• Resolving health and safety; and security issues
• Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues when needed
• To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible
• To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working
• Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’. Ensure compliance to relevant policies.
• Ensure that customer enquiries, complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively
• Provide assistance to customers should an incident occur, seeking guidance in line with company policies
• Responsible for ordering stock when required and making sure that we are well stocked
• Responsible for organising staff and delegating duties.
Other Duties & responsibilities:
• Opening and locking up the department when needed.
• Any other duties deemed necessary as and where required.
For an application, please contact: Steve Hallett (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please state which job you are applying for.