Pet & Aquatic Supervisor
Hollybush Nurseries Ltd, now one of the largest garden centres in the UK, was established in 1982 as an independent garden centre, family owned and run, which it remains to this day. Several changes have been evident over the years not just structurally, but our continual aim to improve our service, quality, range and competitiveness in the market place are always at the forefront of our plans.
Pets & Aquatics
Hours of work & contract:
Full time contracts up to 40 hours per week over seven days, to include weekends and late nights and Bank Holiday working.
To ensure effective day-to-day supervision of the department to maximize profit and minimize costs. Providing a professional, friendly and efficient service to the centre’s customers. Providing advice, assistance and direction to staff to ensure company standards are met (ie. compliance to company policies, ‘best practice’, and current legislation. Assisting in the management of livestock and maintaining the high standards of general husbandry.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Excellent Reptile & Aquatic knowledge.
• Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments
• Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathize, maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurised environment
• A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style. Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from line manager
• Proven drive and enthusiasm for retail sales with a desire to update product knowledge and skill set where required
• Strong security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment
• Good attention to detail and ability to recognise the benefits of effective merchandising
• Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
Main Duties & responsibilities:
• Take responsibility for own Department ensuring it is maintained safely, securely and in line with company ‘best practice’. Merchandise product efficiently and effectively in order to maximise sales
• Managing and motivating the team to increase sales and efficiency;
• Ensure senior managers are aware of staffing shortfalls, issues and strong performance
• Resolving health and safety; and security issues
• Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
• To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible
• To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognizing the importance and benefits of effective team working
• Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’. Ensure compliance to relevant policies.
• Ensure that customer enquiries, complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively
• Provide assistance to customers should an incident occur, seeking guidance in line with company policies
• Managing Tills and floats
• Ensuring all animals are in good health and suitable for sale
• Ensuring all enclosures are kept to a high standard
• Ordering stock when required
• Cover Assistant manager in absence
• Make sure that the company rules are enforced
Other Duties & responsibilities:
• Attending trade shows and assisting with the buying on new products.
• Any other duties as and where required.
For an application, please contact: Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please state which job you are applying for.