Aquatics / Garden Centre
Hours of work & contract:
Full time contracts up to 40 hours per week over seven days, to include weekends and Bank Holiday working.
Responsible for the overall effective running of the warehouse within Hollybush including provision of products to sell, customer management and the management of staff within the area. Liaison with other members of the management team as required to deliver the business aims of Hollybush Garden Centre.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Strong knowledge of the requirements of warehouse management (including all facilities included ie Forklifts, Trucks etc) management and Care, Maintenance and Cleaning.
• Excellent staff management kills, able to plan and manage staffing requirements and behaviours to deliver required business results. A good understanding of all legislative requirements of managing staff including health & safety, first aid and procedures in line with company policies.
• Strong planning skills. Ability to plan numerous tasks and activities in a timely manner to meet the demands of the business, customer and staff
• Good oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments.
• Good interpersonal and customer facing skills, able to empathise. Maintain professionalism, display patience and politeness within a sometimes pressurized environment.
• A conscientious, flexible and ‘can do’ working style. Confidence to deal with difficult situations and to know when appropriate to seek guidance from line manager
• Proven drive and enthusiasm for retail sales with a desire to update product knowledge and skill set where required.
• Good security awareness and understanding of the vulnerability of stock within a retail environment.
• Good attention to detail and ability to recognize the benefits of effective merchandising.
• Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Confidentiality and discretion and an awareness of the Date Protection Act.
• Attainment of a GCSE English and Mathematics qualification to a minimum grade c (or equivalent)
Main Duties & responsibilities:
• Accepting deliveries into the warehouse
• Making sure all products are logged into your system
• Send information to office for system update
• Monitor and manage rubbish disposal
• Ensuring that deliveries in and out are handled effectively
• Overseeing the garden centre customer deliveries and signing to confirm it is correct. (In your absence make sure another manager/assistant manager checks and signs)
• Making sure all stock is in order, easy to locate
• Monitor returns to make sure the 3 week system is in place
• Keeping the warehouse clear of all merchandising
• Keep warehouse clean and tidy at all times
Other Duties & responsibilities:
You may be asked from time to time to do other duties that are not stated in your “Job Summary”, you will be expected to follow the instructions that may be given to you.
For an application, please contact: Steve Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)